Revisiting


oil on wood panel. 150x150cms

I keep coming back to this piece, partly because it is always on the wall of my painting room and difficult to ignore and also because it has never felt on the edge enough of what I imagined it might be, or turn into. So I keep thinking about it and often repaint sections. It might be better now. The left bottom section pushing against the central section, acting as a stop and a calmer space too. Our woodlands are often ringed with tape where horses are grazed and the tape can vibrate in the breeze. The tape both encloses  and excludes and whilst a lot of my thinking is about inclusion, dialogue, engagement, I do like the idea of a hurdle performing its sentinel duty, connecting at the same time, waypoints.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of summer.1. A post in three parts.

Face to Face.

End of summer 3.