Two drawings, one painting in February.


65x78cms. oil, ink, graphite on paper.



65x78cms. oil, ink, graphite on paper.





120x120cms oil on canvas.

 There are days when drawing is the main occupation: on some days the drawing begins with no particular direction and my attention is all on the surface and the marks being made. Never the less the exterior of my work space is ever-present and I take my clues from it. Sometimes I address it directly and at others I acknowledge it indirectly through the movements of my wrist, the pressure of my hand. There is no photograph that will place the drawing there, at that place, at that moment but the drawings are all about being there, both inside and out.

This painting followed from days of drawing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of summer.1. A post in three parts.

Face to Face.

End of summer 3.