Entangled in the experience.


oil on canvas. 160x 120cms


oil on canvas. 120x120cms

 My body is entangled within all that I experience:whereforeI believed in believing, I see. My belief is part and parcel of my visual experience and therefore, in order to believe more, I need to see more and to see more completely.

Information has come to us via, firstly, an oral tradition and subsequently, much to Plato's distrust, a literary one. Now we are experiencing stories visually and the world is seemingly knowable instantly. Where is the mechanism by which we recognise deception, what tools do we use to avoid manipulation and where is the boundary between truth and lies?

How do I, through marks and through colour convey my experience of seeing and make, not an alternative fact, but a truth that is verifiable. That verifiable experience that leads me to see what I feel?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of summer.1. A post in three parts.

Face to Face.

End of summer 3.