End of summer 3.


                                                   remnants. oil on canvas.120x120cm

So my intention has been to explore a language that might help me think about how marks made with paint could help me make sense of what I see and think. Constable said that painting was another word for feeling: for me it is another vehicle for thinking. One painting might be finalised relatively quickly, perhaps in a day, although these three have taken longer ,whilst another might have a gestation period lasting years. Interestingly no concept survives the distance between starting and finishing because so much can change in that time and it is likely that there will be dead ends and editing and reworking of ideas. Inspiration has no place here: doggedness does. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of summer.1. A post in three parts.

Face to Face.